Juggler Nick returns to perform at Sidmouth
Nick Pike to perform in Laugh out Loud at Sidmouth’s theatre in March
HE was a quarterfinalist in America’s Got Talent. Now Nick Pike returns to Sidmouth, which started his career, for a new show.
In 2010 the Sidmouth Herald documented the amazing journey of stunt man and acrobat Nick, and his rise from Sidmouth street entertainer to American star, writes Lily Thomas.
He brings his amazing skills back to the town where he first discovered his passion for performing, in the hilarious show Laugh Out Loud!, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre on Saturday, March 31 for one night only.
The former Sidmouth College student demonstrated his skills as a juggler from the age of 11, performing to Sidmouth FolkWeek crowds and has continued to entertain students in America with performances in universities and colleges.
Performing with him is Steve Hewlett, ventriloquist and Sidmouth actor/singer, Wally Cotgrave.
Nick said: “It has been about four years since I last performed in Sidmouth and I really wanted to put on a great comedy show that would be fun for the whole family.
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Broadband firm apologises for late-night roadworks noise
- 3 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 4 Sidmouth greenkeepers fighting for the perfect bowling surface
- 5 'A rise in parking charges will hit locals hardest'
- 6 What makes Sidmouth the perfect place to live?
- 7 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Major road in Sidmouth to close for THREE months
- 9 New pizza restaurant opens on Sidmouth seafront
- 10 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
“I met Steve, Britian’s funniest ventriloquist, while performing on cruise ships about three years ago. We always said it would be great to put a show together and finally we were both in the country at the same time.
“Laugh Out Loud! is a great title for the show, we just hope we can live up to the name. Wally is quite the all round showman and very funny.”
Nick said he loved returning to Sidmouth, adding: “I love my life over in the US, but Sidmouth will always be a special place to me, so it’s an honour to be able to come back and perform at the Manor Pavilion.”
Tickets for the show are �10 for adults, children �6. Box office: 01395 514413.