Jurassic Coast events at Sidmouth’s Kennaway House
Photography workshop, exhibition and entertainment form Jurassic Coast event in Sidmouth
TWO events, linked to the Jurassic Coast, will be held in Sidmouth next Wednesday.
Stills photographer, Ben Osborne, winner of Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year in 2007, will run a photography workshop at Kennaway House from 10am to 4pm.
After a brief illustrated introduction to landscape photography, those on the course will head off to Sidmouth beach to take photographs of the area.
“During the day we will discuss any photographic issues that have cropped up and the possibilities for presenting and sharing images,” said Ben.
You may also want to watch:
Following a feedback session mid-day, a second trip to the beach will follow to photograph a different part of the coastline.
No previous photographic experience is necessary, whether you use mobile phones, compact digitals or Hasselblad cameras.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
Cost of the day is �35 and booking is essential.
Outdoor clothing, good footwear, camera or mobile phone, charged battery, memory card and card reader, charger and snacks are essential.
Other items that could be useful are a tripod, extra lenses and camera bag.
“Keeping the kit simple and easy to carry can result in a much more enjoyable and creative photographic experience,” said Ben.
There is currently a Deep Time Jurassic Journey exhibition at Kennaway House from 11am to 4pm, which ends on Thursday, April 19, offering photography, sculpture, poetry and music from Ben, Lal Hitchcock, Matt Harvey and Sammy Burden.
There will also be an evening with Matt Harvey at the house in Coburg Road, on Wednesday, April 18, from 7.30pm, when the wordsmith will entertain with words, rhythm and verse.
More details from Villages in Action: 01363 773660.