Last chance to see Sidmouth art show
Last day to see Rural Arts Collective exhibition at Kennaway House
TODAY, Friday, is your last chance to see an exciting exhibition of work from a new group of local artists, calling themselves the Rural Arts Collective.
Two rooms at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, have been devoted to the exhibition of paintings by Amy Cummins, Lee Godfree, Richard Jell, Richard Pringle and Beth Pearson, who have all been trained as Fine Artists and have been practicing their work at some of the country’s top festivals for some years.
The exhibition has been on during FolkWeek and ends tonight at 6pm.
Lee said: “The UK’s festivals have had a huge effect on our lives and are an essential and exciting part of British youth and counter culture. Sidmouth festival is no different.”
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can see drawings, paintings and photographs that have a fresh, intimate and vibrant quality that may be more challenging and fiery than local galleries can offer.
He said: “We are all outdoor people at heart, the Collective, I think, conveys some of that experience.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98