Late-night shopping launch for artists in Sidmouth’s Kennaway House
- Credit: Archant
Artists are returning to Kennaway House, Sidmouth, for their annual exhibition – and staying into the evening today (Friday) for Sidmouth’s late-night shopping extravaganza.
Favel Bevan-Arti will be showing her vibrant beach scenes and seascapes in pastel and acrylics, while Bryan Dawkins will be exhibiting some of his latest seascapes and landscapes in oils and acrylics, inspired by the Devon coastline and its quality of light.
Dick Sidwell, a wood turner with 25 years’ experience, will again have a wide range of hand-crafted items, both beautiful and practical, while Jacqueline Steel will return to the venue with oil paintings that capture atmosphere, sensitivity and emotion with a rich palette of colour.
Another oil painter, Rob Crisp, will be displaying city scenes captured in different seasons and weathers, and his wife, Mary Crisp, will have her exquisite hand-knitted baby wear and other original gifts.
The exhibition opens at 10am and runs into the evening today and until 5pm tomorrow and Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The artists will be on hand to discuss their diverse works throughout and there will be prints and cards available.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council