Lifeboat rescue two boys stuck on rocks near Ladram Bay
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Lifeboat was called out to rescue two boys cut off by the tide at Ladram Bay this afternoon (Tuesday).
The boys, both aged 12, were left stranded on a rock stack.
The lifeboat was launched at 2.53pm following an emergency call and was on scene two minutes later.
Two crewmen swam out to assist the children and got them safely aboard the boat.
Heavy swell prevented the boat from landing at Ladram Beach so the crew brought the boys to Sidmouth and into its recovery trailer.
You may also want to watch:
The boys were reunited with their family at 3.45pm.
Sidmouth Coastguard team also attended to assist from the shore.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Read more in Friday’s Herald.