Lights to go on in Sidmouth
We’ll Meet Again when the Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society presents When the Lights Go On Again.
The show is a nostalgic record-breaking smash hit World War II musical. Think of a popular ’40s song and it is most likely in the show (ie, As Time Goes By, You’d Be So Nice to Come Home To, As I’ll Be Seeing You, I’ll Walk Alone, The White Cliffs of Dover, Run Rabbit Run, etc)!
The audience will be encouraged to join in singing the wartime songs and the society will be selling Union Jacks to wave during the show.
The flags are being sold to raise funds for the Royal Marines Benevolent Fund.
This isn’t just another WWII recollection – it’s about the love, laughter, tears and sadness of a family at war.
You may also want to watch:
Under the direction of Brian Rees and musical director, Roger Howell, this is a show for all ages and features young members like Nick Parish, Zoe Crockett, Sam Neal, Lydia Sadler and the Horth triplets: Demi, Robert and Katrina among others.
It also includes familiar faces like Geoffrey Ward and Selwyn Kussman, Mo Cuthbert and Jim Hawkins, Sandria Stewart, Becca Simmins, Jan Sutcliffe, Nigel and Debbie Broome, Alec Fellows- Bennett, Evelyn O’Malley,Baz Breadmore, Sandra Cole et al!
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
When the Lights Go On Again will be performed at the Manor Pavilion, in Sidmouth, from October 5 - 9, at 7:30pm, with a matinee on Saturday.
To book tickets, visit the Manor Pavilion Theatre or call the box office on (01395) 514413.