Lineup announced for T4 On The Beach
THE first high-profile names to sign up for Weston s massive summer party have been announced. We can reveal that Scouting For Girls, Robyn, Lightspeed Champion and The Hoosiers will kick off T4 On The Beach in style on July 20
THE first high-profile names to sign up for Weston-super-Mare's massive summer party have been announced.
We can reveal that Scouting For Girls, Robyn, Lightspeed Champion and The Hoosiers will kick off T4 On The Beach in style on July 20.
The chart-topping acts are the first acts to be confirmed for the event, which will be broadcast live on Channel Four.
The musical extravaganza will feature around 25 top performers when it is held in Weston for the fourth year running.
You may also want to watch:
T4 presenters Steve Jones, Miquita Oliver, Alexa Chung and Rick Edwards will be presenting the beach party this year and bringing some of the hottest pop, rock and indie acts of the moment to the stage.
Tickets, priced £30-32.50, will go on sale at 9am tomorrow (Fri). They will be available from Weston's Tourist Information Centre (TIC) in Beach Road from 9.30am. For more details call the TIC on 01934 888800 or view the website www.visitsomerset.co.uk
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 7 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Music lovers will also be able to buy tickets from Ticketmaster on 0844 847 1743 and via www.channel4.com/t4 from 9am tomorrow.
Steve Jones said: "I love going to Weston and partying at T4 On The Beach.
"This is the sixth year of the event and it is one of my favourite days out of the summer.
"I hope that you are all going to join us to celebrate on the beach."
Last year's pop-filled party, which was broadcast across the country on Channel Four, saw high profile acts like The Kaiser Chiefs, Girls Aloud, Natasha Bedingfield, Mika, McFly, Akon, Kate Nash and Sophie Ellis-Bextor treading along Weston's sands at the sell-out show. It brought an estimated £3million to the resort.
For all the latest news and information about T4 On The Beach visit www.thewestonmercury.co.uk