Love, betrayal and revenge on Sidmouth stage
Cast of The Heiress are pictured in the period setting of Victoria Hotel before taking to the stage next week
THE cast of The Heiress are pictured in the period setting of the prestigious Victoria Hotel in Sidmouth before they take to the stage next week.
The Heiress is based on the novel Washington Square by Henry James, which is set in New York in the 1850’s.
The play tells the story of the cycle of love, betrayal and revenge that is initiated when Catherine Sloper falls in love with Morris Townsend and rebels against the stifling nineteenth century society in which she lives.
Directed by Shirley Nelson, Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society presents this powerful play at the Manor Pavilion Theatre from Tuesday, June 14 to Saturday, June 18 at 7.30.p.m.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a matinee performance on Saturday June 18 at 2.30.p.m.
The cast are Maria (maid), Karen Macgarvie; Dr Sloper, Steve Vernon; Mrs Penniman, Jean Rees; Catherine Sloper, Pia Payne; Mrs Almond, Cathie Rigby; Marian Almond, Emily Irish(not present), Arthur Townsend, Richard Pinney;
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
Morris Townsend, Al Wadlan and Mrs. Montgomery, Tracy Manning.
Tickets are available from the Manor Pavilion Box Office, Monday to Saturday, 10am-2pm. Call (01395) 514413.