Love, betrayal and revenge on Sidmouth stage
Cast of The Heiress are pictured in the period setting of Victoria Hotel before taking to the stage next week
THE cast of The Heiress are pictured in the period setting of the prestigious Victoria Hotel in Sidmouth before they take to the stage next week.
The Heiress is based on the novel Washington Square by Henry James, which is set in New York in the 1850’s.
The play tells the story of the cycle of love, betrayal and revenge that is initiated when Catherine Sloper falls in love with Morris Townsend and rebels against the stifling nineteenth century society in which she lives.
Directed by Shirley Nelson, Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society presents this powerful play at the Manor Pavilion Theatre from Tuesday, June 14 to Saturday, June 18 at 7.30.p.m.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a matinee performance on Saturday June 18 at 2.30.p.m.
The cast are Maria (maid), Karen Macgarvie; Dr Sloper, Steve Vernon; Mrs Penniman, Jean Rees; Catherine Sloper, Pia Payne; Mrs Almond, Cathie Rigby; Marian Almond, Emily Irish(not present), Arthur Townsend, Richard Pinney;
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 7 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Morris Townsend, Al Wadlan and Mrs. Montgomery, Tracy Manning.
Tickets are available from the Manor Pavilion Box Office, Monday to Saturday, 10am-2pm. Call (01395) 514413.