Malkovich directs Pinter celebration at Exeter Northcott
Hollywood star Julian Sands to appear for one night only to celebrate Harold Pinter’s poetry and prose
IT’S not often Exeter Northcott Theatre gets a Hollywood star appearing in a show, that is directed by another Hollywood star.
That is just what will happen next Thursday, September 15, at 7.30pm, when, direct from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Julian Sands will appeal in a Celebration of Harold Pinter, directed by the legendary actor John Malkovich.
Described by the critics as “courageous, moving and very funny”, the one-off evening is bound to be a sell-out.
Tickets are �15.50, with �2 concessions, on sale from the Northcott box office (01392) 493493.
You may also want to watch:
Playwright Pinter was committed to reading a selection of his poems at a 2005 benefit for a women’s shelter in London.
Illness had impaired his speaking voice and he asked Julian Sands to step in, on the condition of spending time together, rehearsing the works.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Sands continued to read Pinter’s poems and prose, occasionally performing them at fundraising events.
Now, under the direction of John Malkovich, he will re-present the work as a celebration of Harold Pinter.