Mixed art at latest Sidmouth academy show
Eleven artists to exhibit at latest East Devon Art Academy show in Sidmouth
THE latest exhibition at East Devon Art Academy, Sidmouth, is set to open on (Saturday).
The exhibition will feature 11 local artists, and after the success of its previous exhibition during FolkWeek, expectations will be high, writes Greg Carter.
Neil Hampson, organiser and artist, whose work will be on display said: “Visitor feedback from the exhibitions so far this year has been very encouraging, and many people have been impressed with the high standard of the work on display.”
Other local artists whose work with be on show include Cathy Osbond, Matt Culmer and Rebecca Greenwood.
You may also want to watch:
The diverse artwork on show covers many styles, such as abstract expression, portrait and figurative work.
Original paintings and prints will be on sale, as well as a range of greeting cards featuring the artists’ work.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
The exhibition at the Old Fore Street academy will run from 10.30am to 5pm until Friday, August 19.