Morris dancers come to town for FolkWeek
- Credit: Kyle Baker Photography
Morris dancers and other well-loved traditional acts throughout the week
A diverse range of engaging and exuberant dance traditions are showcased and celebrated in dance displays, processions, lunchtime Meet-The-Teams, the legendary John Gasson Jig Competition and special events held throughout the week.
Expect to encounter Cotswold and Border Morris, Appalachian and English cloggers, rappers, steppers and Cornish styles among the bell-jingling, stick-clashing and clog-stomping throng!
Morris Wednesday in Blackmore Gardens Marquee features the infamous Morris Party hosted by Hammersmith Morris Men, and includes performances by Camden Clog, Chiltern Hundreds, Tower Ravens and, of course, the world famous ‘Smiffs’ themselves!
Then, from 9pm, there’s a ceilidh dance with the Diatonics and callers Gordon Potts and Nick Walden.
You may also want to watch:
Dance teams invited to perform through the week include: Camden Clog, Chiltern Hundreds Clog Morris, Feet First Appalachian Cloggers, Great Western Morris, Hammersmith Morris Men, Kemysk Cornish Dancers, Thrales Rapper, Wreckers Border Morris and Whip The Cat Rapper And Clog.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour