New actors join Sidmouth summer play season
New actors make their debut on Sidmouth stage in Charles and Imogen Vance’s summer season
THE Charles and Imogen Vance Summer Season opens at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre next Saturday with Terence Rattigan’s In Praise of Love.
But what about the actors who take on these roles each week?
Making their debut on the Sidmouth stage this year are actors Sam Child, Mat Curtis, Laura James, Jessica Morley, Jason Marc-Williams and Katy Withers.
Sam Child will come to Sidmouth from a tour of Italy and was in the recent Sherlock Holmes film. He was also filmed as a Deatheater in the latest Harry Potter film and waits to see the end result when it is released.
You may also want to watch:
A native of Hampshire, Mat Curtis pursued an international business career before turning to acting and has appeared in the films V for Vendetta, My Zinc Bed and numerous commercials and TV roles.
Laura James is featured regularly in films and as a voice artist. Her credits include Arnold Ridley’s The Ghost Train, Victor Pemberton’s Night of the Wolf and as Hester in The Old Nurses Story.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
Jessica Morley comes fresh from her training and makes her professional debut this season. Favourite roles include Polina in Chekhov’s The Seagull and Fanni in Arthur Miller’s The American Clock.
Originally from Swansea, Jason Marc-Williams teaches drama and has worked on projects for the West Glamorgan Youth Theatre Company.
Katy Withers is a former member of the National Youth Theatre and appeared in the film Welcome to the Majority. She has appeared on stage across the country, and hopes the fast-paced nature of Newsrevue and The Invention Cycle, of which she was a company member, will help her with weekly repertory.
Familiar faces also return to the Vance’s summer season. They are Jane Bennett, Janet Farrow, James Pellow, Victoria Porter and Leigh Steedman.
Tickets for the season are available at the box office, (01395) 579977.