Newton Pop gala show plans
A GALA Night variety show from the people behind the successful production of Celebration will be held next week. Ray Pickworth and his partner Ken Davis have this time turned their attention to organising a fundraising event for Newton Poppleford Villa
A GALA Night variety show from the people behind the successful production of 'Celebration' will be held next week.
Ray Pickworth and his partner Ken Davis have this time turned their attention to organising a fundraising event for Newton Poppleford Village Hall.
The evening will kick off with a buffet supper and dessert and the entertainment that follows will open with an Old Time Music Hall.
Directed by Wally Cotgrave there will be performances from well known local artists which include John Bergrave, Avril Best, Vicki Campbell and Val Howells.
You may also want to watch:
And with Dorothy Worthington's lively piano accompaniment, the audience will need little or no persuasion to join in with some familiar choruses.
Popular faces to Sidmouth audiences, who will tread the boards in the second half of the show, are Roger Howell and Mo Cuthbert.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Their contribution will be combined with extracts from the recent Sidmouth Musical Comedy production of 'Glorious Flanders and Swann', devised by Dan Barratt.
This is a second chance to see Dan and three of the original cast including Avril Best and Adam Owen Jones as well as Tina Pavey at the piano recreating highlights from the show.
Tickets are �8 and include supper. Ring Ray or Ken on (01395) 568578. Seating is limited.
The Gala Night will be held at Newton Poppleford Village Hall on Saturday, July 25 from 7.30pm. Alcohol will not be on sale but people are welcome to bring along their own.