Northcott Theatre celebrates Arts Council grant
Arts Council secures future of Northcott Theatre with three year grant
A GRANT of �125,000 a year for three years, has secured the immediate future of Exeter Northcott Theatre.
The Arts Council England South West has made the award, which enable the theatre to “continue the important work we have been doing in our very special theatre”.
The money comes from the Arts Council’s strategic fund for theatre in Exeter and, said a spokesman for the Northcott: “This vote of confidence…will provide reassurance to our other funders that the theatre remains an important part of the national theatre infrastructure.”
The funding comes at the end of several hard years for the theatre and will enable it to present such companies as English Touring Theatre, Theatre Alibi, Ballet Black and English Touring Opera.
You may also want to watch:
It will continue with its year-round family programme and families represent 37 percent of its annual audience.
Executive director Kate Tyrrell said: “This is fantastic news for everyone here at the theatre and we look forward to celebrating with all our supporters.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
“It’s been a tricky few years for the Exeter Northcott Theatre and the talented team here have shown exceptional professionalism and commitment throughout.”
She thanked them and stakeholders for sticking with the Northcott and said it was exciting to at last have good news and be able to plan “with confidence” for the future.