Opera star Sally Bradshaw comes to Salcombe Regis
Christmas concert stars opera singer Sally Bradshaw
SHE has opened the MTV music awards live from Milan singing Puccini to an estimated one billion audience, writes Kingsley Squire.
Her audience will be considerably smaller, however, when Sally Bradshaw, who has sung in concerts and opera throughout the world, appears in A Thousand Years of Christmas, a words and music presentation at Salcombe Regis Church on Saturday, December 11.
Appearing with her will be Kevin Moore, whose television credits include the bishop in the comedy Father Ted, and Mark Etherington, assistant musical director for the West End production of Wicked.
Mr Moore has performed his one-man show, a portrait of Lewis Carroll at the National Theatre, the Edinburgh Festival and also extensively overseas while Mr Etherington’s theatre credits include The Lion King, at the Lyceum, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum at the National, Jerry Springer – The Opera and the UK tour of Jesus Christ Superstar.
You may also want to watch:
A Thousand Years Of Christmas gives Christmas the in-depth treatment, distilling and captivating its moods from all sides, from mediaeval mysticism to a hangover! The programme draws on a wide variety of music and readings, taking in Dickensian frosts, seventeenth century revels, quiet country celebrations and contemporary shopping nightmares.
It moves through Advent, the anticipation of Christmas Eve, the day of celebration itself and contemplation of the New Year to come. Among others, it visits rural Dorset, Dylan Thomas’ Welsh village, Victorian London and a department store.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
Tickets, price �10, for A Thousand Years Of Christmas at Salcombe Church on December 11 at 7.30 pm are available from Paragon Books, High Street, Sidmouth, from Jill Thomson, Old Barn Cottage, Salcombe Regis or by post from Julia Rochester on 07815- 780705.