Orchestra’s rehearsal offers chance to sit among players
EMG Symphony Orchestra to hold open rehearsal to encourage young players
THOSE with an interest in music will be able to go behind the scenes when a symphony orchestra holds an open rehearsal.
EMG Symphony Orchestra, (Exeter Music Group), will hold an open rehearsal at St Peter’s School, Quarry Lane, Exeter, at 7.30pm on Thursday, March 1, to show how the orchestra prepares for a concert.
There will be a chance to meet the players and sit among the orchestra during the rehearsal for its spring concert, to experience the music from their perspective.
A free event, the open rehearsal is particularly aimed at children and young people who are learning an orchestral instrument.
You may also want to watch:
More advanced players, children and adults with grade six and above, are invited to bring their instrument and join in with the rehearsal, which will focus on Nimrod from Elgar’s Enigma Variations as well as Mars and Jupiter from Holst’s Planets Suite, and will also be preparation for the Music Nation: Olympic Rings event.
This event will take place at Exeter University in the Great Hall on Sunday, March 4, as part of the BBC’s Music Nation Day.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Further details at: www.emgsymphonyorchestra.org.