Paula joins A J’s Big Band to wow Sidmouth audience
From Times Square, New York to Sidmouth, Paula’s vocal style is a firm favourite
STUNNING vocalist and comparative newcomer to A.J’s Big Band is Paula Mitchell, who will join the musicians for a welcome return to Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre in March.
For one night only – Friday, March 11 at 8pm – the popular band’s concert will feature big band classics, both old and new.
Paula’s vocal style has already become a firm favourite with band followers.
Her musical career spans 25 years of performing around the UK and abroad, including singing at the prestigious Gleneagles Hotel, Scotland, and the Novotel in Times Square, New York.
You may also want to watch:
She has worked at Mama Stones, Exeter, as head of artistic development and as voice coach. Most recently she performed backing vocals on Joss Stone’s latest album Colour Me Free.
MD Ken Parr said: “Paula is a truly outstanding big band vocalist with a big personality.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
“Her presence lights up the stage and audiences love her interpretation of both ballads and up-tempo numbers.”
A recent concert reviewer wrote: “With her outstanding voice Paula’s range, emotional depth and downright sassiness thrilled the audience throughout both sets, bringing alive hits by Irving Berlin, Burt Bacharach and Ella Fitzgerald classics.”
Tickets are �12.50, available from Sidmouth theatre’s box office on (01395) 514413.