Peco gets ready for a swashbuckling summer
Children from Beer Primary got a sneak preview of the latest attraction at neighbouring Pecorama last Friday.
Pupils were given the chance to test out the new pirate-themed play area at the local tourist attraction ahead of its official opening this Sunday.
Staff at Pecorama have also been busy in preparation for the start of the tourist season, inviting local accommodation providers and representatives from the Tourist Information Centre to open days to promote the attraction.
The team have spent the off-season rebuilding their play areas and adding the pirate ship, which is a nod to the village’s historic smuggling roots inspired by infamous smuggler Jack Rattenbury.
Site manager Mark Ridgers said: “A lot of money has been spent revitalising the play areas this winter. A tremendous amount of work has gone in.”
You may also want to watch:
The ‘Peco Pirate Ship’ play area officially opens on April 17 with a ‘launching’ and naming ceremony at 2pm.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb