‘Perfect’ weather boosts Cadhay Fair
- Credit: Archant
The ‘perfect’ weather attracted an estimated 3,000 mums, dads and children to Cadhay House for the annual May fair on Saturday.
The event is one of Ottery Parish Church’s main fundraisers, and regularly raises thousands of pounds for the church funds.
Entertainment was provided by cabaret performer Goronwy Thom, Irish dancers Firestone and biker Andrei Burton, who is now the star of a TV advertisement.
Organiser Michael Moore said: “It all went smoothly and we had great support – it’s become a vital part of our finances.
“A family of four can have a day out for a fiver – not many places offer that.”
You may also want to watch:
The night before saw heavy storms, so the organisers were relieved to wake up to clear skies.
Michael said: “The day couldn’t have been nicer. We had absolutely perfect weather.”
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
Mike thanked Rupert Thistlethwayte for allowing the use of the Cadhay House lawns and his committee at the parish church who helped organise the event.