Popular Budleigh Salterton choir in Welsh choir festival
Male voice choir searches for new musical director
FORTY members of Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir sang their hearts out in Wales last weekend.
They joined forces with some 400 men from 12 different choirs form across Wales and England to sing at the Anglo-Welsh Festival of Male Choirs in Cardiff’s St David’s Hall.
Also performing was a choir from a local primary school and the Cory Band, the current world champion brass band.
They were joined on stage by Gary Griffiths, baritone, an associate artist at the Welsh National Opera, accompanied by Clive Phillips.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a wonderful experience for all involved, including the audience who were treated to an evening of great music,” said Stan Browning, the Budleigh choir’s publicity officer.
The choir is currently looking for a new musical director to replace Allen Coles, who, at the grand age of 81, has decided to retire.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Anyone with experience in conducting choral music, preferably with appropriate qualifications, as well as a track record of leading choirs “but above all the ability to inspire the choir to achieve its full potential”, should contact secretary Adrian Hysom (01395) 276115 or email email@example.com.
The choir’s next concert is on Saturday, October 15 at 7pm at Tower Street Methodist Church, Exmouth. Special guests will be Bristol Male Voice Choir. Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF) will benefit.
Tickets are �6, available from Exmouth Tourist Information Office or Sophies, Rolle Street, Exmouth.
The choir will hold an open evening for prospective members on Tuesday, October 18, at St Peter Hall, Budleigh Salterton, from 7.30pm.