Proms Last Night at Sidmouth
Sidmouth Town Band perform Last Night at the Proms in Connaught Gardens
ONCE again The Last Night of the Proms with the Sidmouth Town Band will be held in Connaught Gardens, Sidmouth, on Saturday, August 21.
This year, prom-goers will hear the band perform as 2010 West of England Champions, Third Section, as the band raises the money needed to get them to the National Brass Band Finals in Harrogate.
Talented vocalist Val Howels will return to perform with the band, performing various solo items and helping to stir the audience to sing along to the usual patriotic music.
Band chairman Chris Holland (trombone), said: “The band has been busy in the band room rehearsing a varied programme featuring music the public won’t have heard them play during the summer season and will include a performance of their contest winning test piece Labour and Love.”
You may also want to watch:
The Proms evening will replicate the format of the Royal Albert Hall ‘last night’ and include a varied programme of music as well as last night favourites such as Fantasia on British Sea Songs, Rule Britannia, Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem.
Chris said: “The Last Night of the Proms in Sidmouth promises to be a unique opportunity to experience great music, a fantastic venue and the potential to truly enjoy the atmosphere of the Last Night of the Proms nearer to home.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
“Everyone is encouraged to bring their own picnic hampers, tables, chairs, drinks and of course union flags and make it an occasion to remember !! So why not support the Sidmouth Town Band and experience the Last Night of the Proms in the one of the most beautiful gardens in the country?”
*Tickets are �5, available from Sidmouth Information Centre or any band member. The concert starts at 7.30 pm with the grassed area open from
Further details see: www.sidmouthtownband.co.uk.