Puppet wizardry on Exeter’s Northcott stage
Geppetto play heralds first visit to Northcott by cube theatre company
FOR the first time ever, respected West Country theatre company cube, will perform on the stage at the Exeter Northcott.
Its intriguing new work, Geppetto, will be staged on Tuesday and Wednesday, February 1/2.
Using two performers and combining electric dialogue with mesmeric puppetry, the piece is a heart-rending journey into one man’s obsessive search for a lost child.
In 1956 a teenage girl (Nix Wood) answers a grubby advert inviting her to audition for the role of puppeteer in a forthcoming production of Pinocchio.
You may also want to watch:
She isn’t expecting to meet a foreign-accented, ill-at-ease man in a shabby flat (Benjamin Symes) who calls himself Geppetto - Pinocchio’s father in the original story.
The play is written by cube’s associate writer Jon Welch and visits the Northcott before making an extensive West Country tour.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Tickets are �12 (concessions available) available online at www.exeternorthcott.co.uk or by calling (01392) 493493.