Real-life couple play newlyweds in Sidmouth Musical Theatre’s 42nd Street
- Credit: Archant
Show is at Manor Pavilionn Theatre from April 15 - 22
As the first performances of the new, multi-million-pound production of 42nd Street take place at The Drury Lane Theatre in London, final rehearsals are taking place in Sidmouth for the local production of the show.
It is being staged at Easter by Sidmouth Musical Theatre at the Manor Pavilion Theatre from April 15 - 22.
The story of 42nd Street concerns a group of players who are rehearsing for a Broadway dance extravaganza called Pretty Lady.
Pictured are Samantha Morris and Tim Landy performing as a newly-married couple in the musical number Shuffle off to Buffalo. During the number, they are given some very good advice on how to deal with married life, from the ladies’ chorus.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha, recently seen in The Sound of Music and South Pacific, and Tim are partners in real life, with Tim making his Sidmouth debut.
42nd Street follows Sidmouth Musical Theatre’s recent successes with Jesus Christ Superstar and White Christmas.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Performances run nightly at 7.45pm, there is no performance on Easter Sunday, with a matinee at 2.30pm on Saturday, April 22.
Tickets (£16) are on sale at the theatre box office on 01395 514413.