Riverside Players set for Aladdin in Newton Pop
- Credit: Archant
The panto season is not quite over yet! Oh no it isn’t!
The Riverside Players are presenting their annual production in Newton Poppleford Village Hall, from February 10-13, at 7.30pm with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Rehearsals are well under way and there is still time to book tickets.
This year, the group has chosen to travel to the magical world of the Far East in Aladdin - another traditional script by Alan P Frayn, and full of fun for all the family.
Gavin Haines, seen as Little John in Robin Hood last year, will be taking on the role of Widow Twankey, and that popular pantomime villain Christopher Holland will be encouraging lots of boos and hisses as Abanazar.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (£8 or £4 for under-16s at the matinee and, due to demand, also on the opening night of Wednesday, February 10) on 01395 568897.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls