Scottish talent comes to Folk Week
- Credit: Archant
Drever, McCusker & Woomble top the bill of folk talent from north of the border
Creative Scotland is the public body that supports the arts, screen and creative industries across all parts of Scotland on behalf of everyone who lives and works there.
Funding from Creative Scotland enables FolkWeek to bring some of Scotland’s most exciting musical talent to Sidmouth for its Sounds Of Modern Scotland series of events.
Over the week, the festival features a genuine Scottish supergroup in Drever, McCusker and Woomble, the irresistible force that is Elephant Sessions and returning FolkWeek favourites Saltfishforty, alongside a veritable plethora of exciting and emerging talent from north of the border.
Headlining Monday’s Ham Marquee concert, Drever, McCusker and Woomble celebrate a decade since the release of Before The Ruin, the collaborative album featuring a collection of much-loved songs.
You may also want to watch:
They are three of Scotland’s best current writers and performers who can list Lau, Mark Knopfler, Billy Connolly and Idlewild amongst their musical accomplices.
Support comes from BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award Winners Josie Duncan and Pablo Lafuente and the energising Feis Rois Ceilidh Trail.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
The Bulverton is the festival’s roots dance hub, and the marquee will be reeling on Sunday night as Saltfishforty get the Caledonian party started before headliners Elephant Sessions.
Look out for the unmissable Sounds Of Modern Scotland showcase concert at the Manor Pavilion with Kinnaris Quintet, Hector Riddell, Ryan Young with Jenn Butterworth and Josie Duncan and Pablo Lafuente on Tuesday evening and Kinnaris Quintet and Ryan Young with Jenn Butterworth in the Bedford Hotel during the afternoon.