Show of Hands on politics shows
Sidmouth FolkWeek band to appear on Andrew Marr Show
POPULAR Sidmouth FolkWeek headliners, Show of Hands, will make a live appearance on Sunday’s Andrew Marr Show on BBC 1.
Singer, songwriter Steve Knightley, instrumentalist Phil Beer and vocalist/double bass player Miranda Sykes, will perform Steve’s award-winning Arrogance Ignorance and Greed, the title track of their last album.
It blasts bankers and bonuses and MP’s expenses and was voted best original song in BBC Radio 2’s Folk Awards for 2010.
With MP’s being convicted of expenses fraud and jailed, Knightley says: “It seems to be a song that is constantly refreshing itself.”
You may also want to watch:
Also expected to appear on Sunday are William Hague, David Davis MP, Russian Foreign minister Sergei Lavrov and Brighton Rock actress Andrea Riseborough.
The show goes out between 9-10am.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Exeter’s Knightley and Beer are currently on solo UK tours, with Knightley promoting his debut live solo album Live in Somerset.