Performances by young musicians and workshops for teenage folk fans
- Credit: Archant
FolkWeek is proud to be a showcase for the up-and-coming stars of the future
Keeping a firm eye on the future, the 2018 programme is jam-packed with young talent!
FolkWeek organisers are thrilled to be joined by the brilliant National Youth Folk Ensemble (NYFE) in concert, as recently heard on BBC Radio 4’s Front Row.
The popular Folk Rising Plus series returns, thanks to English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS).
Discover some staggeringly talented young players and singers this week, including Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne, Ryan Young, Megan Wisdom, Rowan Piggott and returning 2017 favourites Alden, Patterson and Dashwood.
You may also want to watch:
Youth Workshops at Sidmouth
With youth workshops run for young people by young people, Shooting Roots is a fabulous place for 12- to 17-year-olds to meet people and make new friends while developing their folk skills and adding a dash of Shooting Roots madness to Sidmouth Folk Week!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
Whether you’re exploring folk for the first time or have been doing it for years, each workshop will have something in it for you.
The tutors are an assortment of talented and enthusiastic young people who you’ll see throughout the week enjoying the festival and whose job it is to make sure everyone is made to feel welcome in our fun, friendly and inclusive workshops.
All our participants have the opportunity to take part in our Friday showcase and dance out – a fantastic way to end a fun and intense week!
This year there is an exciting array of youth workshops and performances around the festival, from our friends Stream Of Sound, to NYFE, and Feis Rois and more.
So take your friends, your ideas or simply yourself!
This is your chance to make Sidmouth your own, and join together with other young people for a week of folky fun which keeps dozens of participants coming back year after year.