Sid Valley show a glorious celebration of gardening - but it could be the last
- Credit: Archant
The 88th annual event was dubbed a ‘wonderful success’ but organisers say they can’t carry on
Green-fingered growers and craft connoisseurs helped to make the 88th - and final - Sid Valley Gardening and Craft Show a ‘wonderful success’.
Crowds gathered to view displays of floral fancies inside the marquee on Sidford Sports Field on Saturday for the annual event that now looks unlikely to continue unless new volunteers step up to run it.
Organisers are celebrating an ‘excellent final event with lots of wonderful entries’.
Show secretary Beryl Kingman said: “The weather was lovely, the marquee looked amazing and the women’s institute served some excellent cakes and welcome cups of tea.”
You may also want to watch:
She thanked everyone involved for their help and support, in particular the team from Otter Nurseries.
Beryl added that this would be the last year for current organisers, who cannot continue running the show.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
The Sid Valley Horticultural Society is seeking volunteers so the show can continue. Contact chair Maureen Britton on 01395 512570 or Beryl on 01395 579725.