Sidmouth artist holds first solo show in decade
Kennaway House venue for Rob Crisp’s solo landscape exhibition
SIDMOUTH artist, Rob Crisp, opens his first solo exhibition in Sidmouth for a decade at Kennaway House tomorrow (Saturday).
Rob, from Alexandria Road, will have 30 new oil landscape paintings on display, including ones of Sidmouth, and new limited edition prints.
“This is my first one man show in Sidmouth for 10 years and represents nine months’ work,” said Rob, who has lived in the town since 1974.
After winning a scholarship to art school when a schoolboy, Rob has been painting for 50 years and exhibited his work at Kennaway House last summer, as part of the Kennaway Fine Art Guild, with Neil Cox and Ray Balkwill.
You may also want to watch:
His last solo show was at the Kingfisher Gallery, Sidbury.
He explained: “I’ve been busy, showing in galleries throughout the country.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
He describes Because I am a traditional oil painter (with a brush), I like the fluidity of it and the colour.
“I like mixing colours and spend a lot of time mixing the colours I want.”
Pictured with his Sidmouth painting, After the Storm, Rob will also have paintings of London at the Coburg Road centre.
Prices range from �75 for a limited edition print to �2,750 for a large oil on canvas.
Rob’s exhibition will run daily from 10am to 5pm from tomorrow, October 1, to Saturday, October 8.