Sidmouth artist launches gallery at new studio
Artist Rebecca opens art studio and gallery at Libra Court, Sidmouth
SIDMOUTH artist Rebecca Greenwood has set up a new studio in the town centre for local artists to exhibit their work alongside hers.
Rebecca, who lives in High Street, officially opened Open Art Studio in Libra Court, on Monday.
Most of Rebecca’s work is abstract, nautical paintings, and she can be seen at the studio most afternoons after 1pm.
Exhibiting alongside her are fellow artists Jennifer Bennett, Matt Culmer, Neil Hampson and Derek Ratcliffe, as well as photographer Sam Rutherford.
You may also want to watch:
“Derek does impressionist paintings, sea and landscapes from Sidmouth,” said Rebecca, who said all the artists were from the Sidmouth area.
The space is offered on a commission basis and, she added: “It is another nice space to have work in and hopefully to sell as well.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Rebecca moved to the town from Beer last November and is pleased her new studio can act as a public gallery as well.