Sidmouth artist launches seascapes exhibition
Sidmouth beaches inspire Favell for her latest exhibition of pastel paintings
WHEN you live by the sea there are endless subjects to select for paintings.
Sidmouth professional artist, Favell Bevan-Arti, from Ascerton Road, has been preparing for the opening of her second solo exhibition at Kennaway House, Coburg Road, which opens today, Friday, December 9 and runs until December 16.
Using pastels, Favell has appropriately called her latest exhibition Living by the Sea.
She said: “There will be more than 40 pictures on display of different shapes and sizes as well as prints and cards.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of my work shows Sidmouth beaches, people on the beaches and seascapes.
“Mainly they are done in pastels, but there will be a couple of acrylic paintings.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Kenyan-born Favell moved to England in 1998 and has been a participant in Devon Open Studios events.
She described the venue as “beautiful…with beautiful lighting”.
Her exhibition will open daily from 10am to 4.30pm except Wednesday, when it will open at 11.30am.