Sidmouth bistro hosts Chinese art show
Brown’s Bistro, Sidmouth, hosts art from East Devon Chinese Brush Painting Society
A Sidmouth bistro is going Chinese this month.
Brown’s Bistro of Fore Street, Sidmouth, is hosting an autumn exhibition for the East Devon Chinese Brush Painting Society, with viewings welcome between 10am and 3.30pm.
Paintings, such as this one by society secretary Pam Lawson, can be purchased and collected during your visit, or paid for in advance and collected at the end of the show, later this month.
Pam said: “Our friendly group of brush painters meets monthly at America Hall, Pinhoe, Exeter and would welcome new members.
You may also want to watch:
“Here in East Devon, we are lucky to have Kaili Fu as our mentor to demonstrate the techniques at our meetings.”
She said Kaili may exhibit a couple of her own pictures alongside the 30 pictures produced by nine members.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Prices (other than Kaili’s) range from �10 to �95 and several have already sold since the exhibition opened at the beginning of September.
“We are delighted to have sold some paintings already. We are all amateur and do it as a hobby,” said Pam, whose painting Temple Figure, was done on rice paper using Chinese inks and paints and fine line work.
For further information contact (01884) 266589.