Sidmouth brawl - landlord clarifies events
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth s Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth's Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
Stephen French has asked the Sidmouth Herald to clarify the situation, saying he instructed his barman to call police "as I could see that the fighting was getting out of hand and someone was being badly hurt."
He says a brief news report wrongly described the brawl as taking place outside his pub.
"The incident in question actually took place on the roundabout - outside a takeaway.
You may also want to watch:
"The people in question had not been in our pub at all that day.
"I also believe that had I not informed the police of the person involved, it would have undoubtedly resulted in an arrest.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
"I believe my actions ultimately saved everyone a lot of hassle.