Sidmouth brawl - landlord clarifies events
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth s Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth's Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
Stephen French has asked the Sidmouth Herald to clarify the situation, saying he instructed his barman to call police "as I could see that the fighting was getting out of hand and someone was being badly hurt."
He says a brief news report wrongly described the brawl as taking place outside his pub.
"The incident in question actually took place on the roundabout - outside a takeaway.
You may also want to watch:
"The people in question had not been in our pub at all that day.
"I also believe that had I not informed the police of the person involved, it would have undoubtedly resulted in an arrest.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
"I believe my actions ultimately saved everyone a lot of hassle.