Sidmouth councillor is dame in Newton Poppleford panto
Sidmouth’s new town clerk is baddie in Robinson Crusoe panto
SIDMOUTH notables Graham Liverton and Christopher Holland, will perform in panto at Newton Poppleford next month.
Town councillor Graham will play Margarita Juicilita the Dame, while Christopher, current chairman of Sidmouth Town Band, is the baddie Cut Throat the pirate in Robinson Crusoe and the Pirates by Alan P Frayn.
For the fourth year running, Tricia Barclay directs The Riverside Players in its pantomime at Newton Poppleford Village Hall and, she said: “We are having a lot of fun, it is going to be great.”
Set on a tropical island, there will be plenty of youngsters involved as cannibals and pirates, as well as the main players, including Tom Bornet as Robinson Crusoe.
You may also want to watch:
Janet Farrow is the Cannibal Queen, while Nutty Nick is played by Leigh Steedman. Baz Breadmore has a cameo role as the Witch Doctor and Henry Gooding is the Welsh Davy Jones.
Principal girl is Jane Ledwood as Juanita. Riverside regulars Chris and Cecil Hardy are a Sprite and Captain, while Steve Yarnall and Paul Kinson are pirates.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
“It is very much a team effort,” said Tricia. “Last year’s principal boy and girl will be selling programmes front of house. Everyone pitches in.”
Tickets - �6.50 or �3 for under 16s at the matinee - are selling fast for the performances, from 7.30pm from Wednesday, February 8 to Saturday, February 11, with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. Check availability at (01395) 568897.