Sidmouth director brings innovative show to town
Homeless charity stages
PROFESSIONAL theatre director Laura Newton, who lives in Sidmouth, is bringing an innovative new show to the Manor Pavilion Theatre on Friday night, June 3.
Exeter Shilhay, a charity supporting the homeless, is staging In the Face Of, a multi-media production using film, live music and real-life stories.
Laura said: “Many of the cast have experience of homelessness or housing difficulties and have been working working professional theatre practicioners to devise this new, innovative show.
“We have had the opportunity to tour the show across Devon, so naturally I wanted to bring it to my home town of Sidmouth.”
You may also want to watch:
Giant video projections of faces, each accompanied by an original, haunting soundtrack composed for the show – funded by Arts Council England - will feature during the evening, which starts at 7.30pm on Friday, June 3.
Laura added: “This is one of the most beautiful and moving shows I have ever directed.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
“Instead of acting fictional characters, as a cast we are being ourselves, sharing stories from our own lives and playing wonderful music.
“This show is fundamentally about honesty, about real people telling real stories about moments in their lives. Audiences so far have found it a really inspiring and moving evening.
“Please come along and support us.”
In The Face Of has been supported by Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society and Sidmouth Youth Theatre.
Tickets are �8 or �6 concessions, available from the theatre box office: (01395) 514413.