Sidmouth DJ Huggy Hughes celebrates early Christmas
Christmas comes early, thanks to Sidmouth DJ Stuart ‘Huggy’ Hughes
IT is only just August, but wacky Sidmouth DJ Stuart ‘Huggy’ Hughes has kicked off Christmas celebrations early in East Devon, by playing three seasonal Christmas hits on his Bay FM Online radio show.
A Sidmouth Town, District and County Councillor, Stuart has responded to the news that Selfridges has kicked off its Christmas seasonal sales at its London flagship Oxford Street Store earlier than ever before, to cash in on the tourist market.
He said: “If its good enough for Selfridges then its good enough for my listeners I’m sure we all wish that it could be Christmas everyday.”
The Exmouth based community radio station broadcasts from its studio’s above Buildbase, Salterton Road, and has completed three trial FM broadcasts and is now waiting for the next round of licences to be considered by Offcom.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart hosts two shows on BayFM, The Sunday Jukebox between 2.00pm and 4.00pm and The Motown ‘Soul Connection’ Tuesday evenings betwwn 10.00pm and Midnight
The station is distinct from other local FM stations, playing music from the late 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and 80’s with the exception of the Saturday Youth Breakfast Show and Specialist Music Shows.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients