Sidmouth drawing club expands horizons
- Credit: Archant
A gallery in Sidmouth has launched a club for artists, non-artists and would-be artists to draw together, draw each other and draw inspiration from the area.
The East Devon Art Academy in Old Fore Street is leading the free venture as a social network as a chance for mutual encouragement and to have fun.
Its drawing club has been to Sidmouth and Lympstone in previous years, and organiser Cathy Osbond hopes to go further afield to Exmouth, Blackbury Camp and Topsham this summer.
The group is for all ages and abilities, and Cathy is also keen to extend the idea to those who are housebound, recovering from illnesses or in homes.
The drawing club’s next meeting will be at 1pm on Wednesday, April 3, at the art academy, before the group moves on to its chosen spot - just bring a sketchpad and drawing materials.
You may also want to watch:
There is also the opportunity to join a coach trip to St Ives on May 2.
For more information, call Cathy on 01395 516284 or e mail her at email@example.com.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival