Comedy, songs and drama on offer in Sidmouth
COMEDY DUO: Peter Gill and Andy Meller perform some of the best sketches and songs from the catalogue of two of America’s greatest satirists.
The Driving Instructor, Introducing Tobacco to Civilisation and USS Codfish from Bob Newhart and The Masochism Tango and Poisoning Pigeons in the Park from Tom Lehrer are just some of the classics that will leave you rolling in the aisles at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre on Friday, February 24, 7.30pm. Tickets �12. Box office: 01395 514413.
DRAMA: Sidmouth Amateur Dramatics Society presents Noel Coward’s production of Waiting in the Wings.
The show runs from Wednesday, March 14, to Saturday, March 17, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre. Evening performances begin at 7.45pm and a special matinee performance at 2.30pm on the Saturday.
Tickets �10. However, opening night offers a buy two tickets, get the third free deal. Under 16’s, �5. Box office: 01395 514415.
CHARITY: Budleigh Salterton’s Male Voice Choir is performing at All Saints Church, Sidmouth to raise money for all the local rotary charities.
- 1 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 2 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 3 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 4 Mental health awareness and fundraising at Sidmouth
- 5 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 6 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 7 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 8 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 9 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
- 10 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
The choir is joined by special guest John Burgoyne, as well as a tenor soloist, for the performance which will take place on Saturday, March 17, 7.30pm.
All ticket sales go towards the charities. Tickets, �7 (including a soft drink).
Further information www.budleighmvc.co.uk or contact David Mason: 01395 516183 or David Cooper: 01395 512798.
BAND: YES they are back. Popular A J’s Big Band returns to Sidmouth on Friday, March 9, 7.30pm to play Glen Miller tunes and swing music from the late 30’s and 40’s at Manor Pavilion Theatre. Tickets �13.50. Box office: 01395 514413.