Comedy, songs and drama on offer in Sidmouth
COMEDY DUO: Peter Gill and Andy Meller perform some of the best sketches and songs from the catalogue of two of America’s greatest satirists.
The Driving Instructor, Introducing Tobacco to Civilisation and USS Codfish from Bob Newhart and The Masochism Tango and Poisoning Pigeons in the Park from Tom Lehrer are just some of the classics that will leave you rolling in the aisles at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre on Friday, February 24, 7.30pm. Tickets �12. Box office: 01395 514413.
DRAMA: Sidmouth Amateur Dramatics Society presents Noel Coward’s production of Waiting in the Wings.
The show runs from Wednesday, March 14, to Saturday, March 17, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre. Evening performances begin at 7.45pm and a special matinee performance at 2.30pm on the Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets �10. However, opening night offers a buy two tickets, get the third free deal. Under 16’s, �5. Box office: 01395 514415.
CHARITY: Budleigh Salterton’s Male Voice Choir is performing at All Saints Church, Sidmouth to raise money for all the local rotary charities.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
The choir is joined by special guest John Burgoyne, as well as a tenor soloist, for the performance which will take place on Saturday, March 17, 7.30pm.
All ticket sales go towards the charities. Tickets, �7 (including a soft drink).
Further information www.budleighmvc.co.uk or contact David Mason: 01395 516183 or David Cooper: 01395 512798.
BAND: YES they are back. Popular A J’s Big Band returns to Sidmouth on Friday, March 9, 7.30pm to play Glen Miller tunes and swing music from the late 30’s and 40’s at Manor Pavilion Theatre. Tickets �13.50. Box office: 01395 514413.