Sidmouth gets ready for FolkWeek
- Credit: Archant
FolkWeek returns to Sidmouth this week with another jam packed programme.
Tickets are selling fast ahead of two pre-festival specials, which kicks off with Kate Rusby at 8pm on Thursday.
Port Isaac’s Fisherman’s Friends will be building up the crowd from 3.15pm on Friday afternoon ahead of the main launch in the evening.
This year the programme features concerts, celiidhs, folk dances, children’s festival events, youth events, storytelling and more.
The festival will conclude with a spectacular torchlight procession and firework finale on the Esplanade on Friday, August 7, from 10pm to 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
The 61st FolkWeek will run from Friday, July 31, to Friday, August 7.
Buy individual concert tickets by visiting their website or by calling the box office on 01395 577952.
For extensive coverage make sure to get this week’s Sidmouth Herald for a 20 page preview.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences