Sidmouth gets ready for FolkWeek
- Credit: Archant
FolkWeek returns to Sidmouth this week with another jam packed programme.
Tickets are selling fast ahead of two pre-festival specials, which kicks off with Kate Rusby at 8pm on Thursday.
Port Isaac’s Fisherman’s Friends will be building up the crowd from 3.15pm on Friday afternoon ahead of the main launch in the evening.
This year the programme features concerts, celiidhs, folk dances, children’s festival events, youth events, storytelling and more.
The festival will conclude with a spectacular torchlight procession and firework finale on the Esplanade on Friday, August 7, from 10pm to 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
The 61st FolkWeek will run from Friday, July 31, to Friday, August 7.
Buy individual concert tickets by visiting their website or by calling the box office on 01395 577952.
For extensive coverage make sure to get this week’s Sidmouth Herald for a 20 page preview.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat