Sidmouth hosts popular authors at Kennaway House
Popular Readers and Writers season returns to Sidmouth
SIDMOUTH is gaining a reputation as a centre from which to hear talks by well-known authors.
For the third year running, Kennaway House is organising its Readers and Writers event, this year running from March to October.
First author to give a talk is Deborah Moggach, best-selling author of Tulip Fever, whose book, These Foolish Things, is released today, Friday, as the film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
Tickets for this event have already sold out, as have tickets for popular cookery book writer Mary Berry, which will be held on July 3.
You may also want to watch:
Liz Halls, manager at Kennaway House, said this year, flyers had been sent to the Friends of Kennaway House before any public announcement of the talks.
“After the Julian Fellowes talk last year, we gained about 30 new Friends.”
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
She thanked Kate Norbury for getting the popular authors to agree to give talks. Tickets for each one are limited to 100.
Only 12 tickets are left for Joan Bakewell’s talk on May 26, and around 60 percent of the other Readers and Writers talks have sold too.
Elizabeth Buchan will speak on April 26, Fay Weldon on June 28, Victoria Hislop in the autumn and Daisy Goodwin on October 12.
Tickets are �8, to include a glass of wine, bookable on 01395 515551 or by email: email@example.com. Doors open at 7pm and the talks start at 7.30pm.