Sidmouth Late Night Shopping
The line-up of events for Sidmouth's festive late-night shopping evening gets more impressive with every year – so 2009 shoppers are in for a real treat!
The line-up of events for Sidmouth's festive late-night shopping evening gets more impressive with every year - so 2009 shoppers are in for a real treat!
The scent of chestnuts roasting, choirs singing and, of course, Father Christmas' hearty shouts of 'ho ho ho!', will fill the streets of the town for its annual shopping extravaganza on Friday, December 4.
From street entertainers to musicians, as well as the usual goodwill from the town's traders, the evening will also give customers the chance to enjoy special offers and food and drink in a wonderful Christmas atmosphere.
Shops will open until 8pm with a local radio station live on air in the town as jugglers, face painters and street artists jostle for shoppers' attention in a fun evening for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, the evening has grown in popularity over the last few years with more and more traders embracing the chance to throw open their doors, and restaurants, bars and bistros offering festive fare for shoppers hungry after an evening of retail therapy.
Sidmouth boasts an array of exclusive shops with gift ideas to suit all tastes and budgets. From its large department store Fields, to its smaller boutique style shops, the town promises to satisfy all of your shopping needs.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Sidmouth Day Care Nursery, Girl Guides, Sidmouth College, the Salvation Army, Sidmouth Folk Choir, St Nicholas School, Sidmouth Town Band will be among those providing entertainment for the crowds of Christmas shoppers.