Sidmouth Lions’ musical offering for charity
Sidmouth talent joins force for Lions’ Celebration of Christmas concert
TWO charity concerts, organised by Sidmouth Lions Club, will take place at Sidholme Hotel, Sidmouth, later this month.
A Celebration of Christmas features a variety of seasonal songs, carols, poems and music, performed by such favourites as Val Howels, Catherine Moore, Joe McNulty and Wally Cotgrave, with musical director Dorothy Worthington on keyboard.
Ruth James will play violin with Jane Hannah on flute. The irrepressible Wally will also act as MC.
These delightful concerts have been organised by Sidmouth Lions for several years and proceeds from this year’s concerts, on Friday, December 16 and Saturday, December 17, will help fund Sidmouth Lions local community services and charity activities.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.15pm for an 8pm start and tickets, �7, are available from Coles, High Street, Sidmouth.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution