Sidmouth minister launches latest book
Uplifting take on life after death from Sidmouth author Allan Bowers
IT was a busy weekend for Sidmouth Methodist, the Reverend Allan Bowers.
On Saturday he launched his latest religious book, and on Sunday he celebrated 65 years of Methodist ministry.
His book, Treasure in Heaven, was launched at Sidmouth Methodist church hall on Saturday morning and will be available from Paragon Books and The Mustard Seed, priced �5.95.
Although he retired in 1987, Allan has continued his ministry as a Methodist supernumerary, a prolific writer of hymns, author of Christian books and a well-known Christian columnist in the Sidmouth Herald.
You may also want to watch:
His new book was inspired by his late wife, Betty, and gives an uplifting view of life after death.
He said: “My book tells the reader of the joy of life lived with Christ in this world, and even more wonderful, the joy of a new life with Christ in heaven.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients