Sidmouth pupils in English Touring Opera performance
Pupils from Newton Poppleford Primary and St Nicholas Junior, Woolbrook, to perform in Fantastic Mr Fox as skulk of fox cubs and chorus of trees
PUPILS from Newton Poppleford Primary School and St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, are taking part in a performance of Fantastic Mr Fox, playing a skulk of fox cubs and a chorus of trees.
Some 21 pupils have been selected to take part in a performance at Exeter Northcott theatre on Tuesday, March 22, at 7pm.
It is part of English Touring Opera’s Spring 2011 season, which visits 17 venues across the UK, allowing more than 250 children the chance to perform in the opera.
ETO is working with more pupils from the same schools to compile and publish a book, Foxtales - 24 Hours in the Life of a Fox.
You may also want to watch:
The participating classes focus on one hour each and contribute artwork, devise a story and compose and write lyrics for a song they will record and add to the finished book as a CD insert.
Neil Irish, who designed ETO’s production of Fantastic Mr Fox; based on the book by children’s author Roald Dahl, will finish the book design.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The ETO tour at Exeter also features operas by Mozart (La clemenza di Tit) on March 23 and 26 and Puccini (Il tabarro/Gianni Schicchi) on March 24 and 25.
Tickets range from �17 to �30, with offers for family tickets, available from the theatre box office.