Sidmouth pupils in English Touring Opera performance
Pupils from Newton Poppleford Primary and St Nicholas Junior, Woolbrook, to perform in Fantastic Mr Fox as skulk of fox cubs and chorus of trees
PUPILS from Newton Poppleford Primary School and St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, are taking part in a performance of Fantastic Mr Fox, playing a skulk of fox cubs and a chorus of trees.
Some 21 pupils have been selected to take part in a performance at Exeter Northcott theatre on Tuesday, March 22, at 7pm.
It is part of English Touring Opera’s Spring 2011 season, which visits 17 venues across the UK, allowing more than 250 children the chance to perform in the opera.
ETO is working with more pupils from the same schools to compile and publish a book, Foxtales - 24 Hours in the Life of a Fox.
You may also want to watch:
The participating classes focus on one hour each and contribute artwork, devise a story and compose and write lyrics for a song they will record and add to the finished book as a CD insert.
Neil Irish, who designed ETO’s production of Fantastic Mr Fox; based on the book by children’s author Roald Dahl, will finish the book design.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
The ETO tour at Exeter also features operas by Mozart (La clemenza di Tit) on March 23 and 26 and Puccini (Il tabarro/Gianni Schicchi) on March 24 and 25.
Tickets range from �17 to �30, with offers for family tickets, available from the theatre box office.