Sidmouth restaurant in 100 best outside London
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth eatery’s ‘casual but clever Med-accented cooking’ has won it a place in the 100 best restaurants outside of London.
The Loft came out a delectable 83rd in rankings compiled by foodie website Square Meal after readers, bloggers and reviewers cast their votes.
But the news caught owners John and Katrina Lort unawares – and they think the ‘organic’ response of the customers is a real testament to what they and their staff are doing.
“We don’t know how we got it – it came out of nowhere,” said Katrina.
“These are genuine, legitimate reviews, completely independent.”
You may also want to watch:
She added that some schemes you can sign up to are more contrived as you pay a fee to be reviewed, whereas their reviewers paid for their meal and were treated like any other customer.
Katrina hopes the listing will give the business a boost and attract more people to Sidmouth as she has already had contact with the owners of some of the other restaurants.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
John and Katrina opened their Old Fore Street eatery last summer after moving from Selleys in Libra Court.
The Loft is also currently rated 18th out of the 3,200 dining establishments in Devon, according to consumer review site TripAdvisor.