Sidmouth Rotary hosts Budleigh Male Voice Choir
Choir performance at Sidmouth church will aid Rotary’s community projects
THE Rotary Club of Sidmouth is hosting a charity event to raise money to continue the work it does for Sidmouth’s community.
Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir will perform at All Saints Church on Saturday, March 17, and all money raised from ticket sales will go to local Rotary clubs, writes Lily Thomas.
Sidmouth Rotary, founded in 1937, has an active role in the Sidmouth area, frequently taking groups of elderly or lonely residents to theatre performances at the Manor Pavilion, as well as to Bicton Gardens, and on outings to Otter Nurseries.
Former president, David Cooper, said: “We greatly value the support we receive from Sidmouth Voluntary Services, who provide minibuses and drivers to transport the people to these outings.”
You may also want to watch:
The Rotary Club relies on voluntary donations to be able to provide outings for the elderly residents of Sidmouth.
Mr Cooper said: “It is very rewarding for members of the Rotary Club to share their pleasure with people who would not otherwise be able to enjoy such outings.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Budleigh Male Voice Choir will be joined by tenor soloist, John Burgoyne, at All Saints Church on Saturday, March 17 from 7.30pm.
Tickets, �7 (including a soft drink), available from David Mason: 01395 516183 or David Cooper: 01395 512798 or on the door.