Sidmouth’s Big Seaside Draw event
Sidmouth artists devise Sidmouth Art Trail to put town on the art scene map
LOCAL artists have come together to organise a Big Seaside Draw event, to raise awareness of Sidmouth’s thriving art scene.
It will take place on Sunday, September 11, and the purpose of the event is to get lots of people to congregate along the Esplanade, drawing, painting and exhibiting work to drum up publicity for the launch of the newly devised Sidmouth Art Trail, writes Gregory Carter.
The Sidmouth Art trail has been compiled by a group of artists within the Sidmouth area.
It includes five of the town’s galleries and regular exhibitors of local artwork that both visitors and locals can visit to view some of the creative talent Sidmouth has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
It is planned these initial promotions will begin to lead to Sidmouth eventually being recognised by art collectors and enthusiasts as a top location for artwork.
Organisers are hoping scores of artists, as well as locals supporting the art scene, will turn up for this one day event.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
During the Big Seaside Draw there will be a strict policy of no selling of artwork from the Esplanade as the event is solely a promotional one.