Sidmouth’s Big Seaside Draw event
Sidmouth artists devise Sidmouth Art Trail to put town on the art scene map
LOCAL artists have come together to organise a Big Seaside Draw event, to raise awareness of Sidmouth’s thriving art scene.
It will take place on Sunday, September 11, and the purpose of the event is to get lots of people to congregate along the Esplanade, drawing, painting and exhibiting work to drum up publicity for the launch of the newly devised Sidmouth Art Trail, writes Gregory Carter.
The Sidmouth Art trail has been compiled by a group of artists within the Sidmouth area.
It includes five of the town’s galleries and regular exhibitors of local artwork that both visitors and locals can visit to view some of the creative talent Sidmouth has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
It is planned these initial promotions will begin to lead to Sidmouth eventually being recognised by art collectors and enthusiasts as a top location for artwork.
Organisers are hoping scores of artists, as well as locals supporting the art scene, will turn up for this one day event.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
During the Big Seaside Draw there will be a strict policy of no selling of artwork from the Esplanade as the event is solely a promotional one.