Sidmouth serves up Treasure Island panto fun
Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society in count-down to Treasure Island panto
HO HO me hearties, it’s panto time again at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre as the cast of Treasure Island move into their final rehearsal time before opening night on Thursday, December 29.
Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society takes to the high seas for a shiver-me-timbers production to amuse the whole family.
Hiding behind a rather fluffy beard and glasses for one scene is Ashley Leeds as the flirty, larger-than-life Dame Ma Hawkins, while Gavin Haines promises a great Long John Silver baddie in this production, which runs until Saturday, January 7.
With two performances over the first weekend, the cast will have a break on Tuesday, January 3, before re-starting again on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Having played Tommy the Cat in last year’s Dick Whittington, Liz Hammond is transformed to Polly the Parrot for this swashbuckling evening of fun.
Well known for her panto writing and fine acting, Gillian Coley plays this year’s hero, Jim Hawkins, and Richard Pinney is Robinson Crusoe.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
A chorus of mixed ages, along with EDDS Dance Crew join the principal actors under the direction of Joan Heard to ensure a fun-filled, feel-good panto.
Tickets are available from the Manor Pavilion Theatre Box Office: (01395) 514413.