Sidmouth singers invited to join Mahler performance
Exeter Music Group wants experienced singers for SW premiere of Mahler symphony
EXPERIENCED singers are being invited to sing in the South West premiere of Mahler’s Symphony No 8 at Exeter University.
Exeter Music Group has made the invitation and will be performing the Symphony of a Thousand on Sunday, September 16 at the Great Hall.
EMG is holding four workshop weekends with conductor Marion Wood in preparation for the first ever performance of this work west of Bristol.
The first, from May 25-17, will cover the first movement, the second, from July 6-8 will study the second movement, while the full work will be covered at the third workshop from September 7-9.
You may also want to watch:
The final rehearsal is on Friday, September 14 before the Sunday concert.
For more details and to book for �30, including score, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.emgsymphonyorchestra.org.
- 1 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 2 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 6 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home