Sidmouth singers invited to join Mahler performance
Exeter Music Group wants experienced singers for SW premiere of Mahler symphony
EXPERIENCED singers are being invited to sing in the South West premiere of Mahler’s Symphony No 8 at Exeter University.
Exeter Music Group has made the invitation and will be performing the Symphony of a Thousand on Sunday, September 16 at the Great Hall.
EMG is holding four workshop weekends with conductor Marion Wood in preparation for the first ever performance of this work west of Bristol.
The first, from May 25-17, will cover the first movement, the second, from July 6-8 will study the second movement, while the full work will be covered at the third workshop from September 7-9.
You may also want to watch:
The final rehearsal is on Friday, September 14 before the Sunday concert.
For more details and to book for �30, including score, email email@example.com or visit www.emgsymphonyorchestra.org.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution