Sidmouth Songsters invite new members to group
Sidmouth Songsters have given �43,000 to good causes since 1990’s
TO borrow the title of their opening number, the Sidmouth Songsters do have a wonderful time, writes Kingsley Squire.
Firstly, because they love to sing and, secondly, because they enjoy raising funds for charity.
Since their formation in the early 1990’s, the group has distributed more than �43,000 to local good causes, including a bumper �3,680 raised last year.
It underlines the appreciation of their audiences, not least at the ‘turkey and tinsel’ evenings in the countdown to Christmas at the Royal York and Faulkner Hotel and also at Sidholme Hotel where the Songsters are firm favourites with guests.
You may also want to watch:
Among last year’s beneficiaries were Devon Air Ambulance, Children’s Hospice South West and Cancer Research.
New members are always welcome, especially tenors or basses. So, if you enjoy singing ballads and songs from the shows why not go along to a Wednesday rehearsal at 2.30pm at Lymebourne Hall.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
To book the group in return for a donation to charity, and for any enquires about membership, kindly contact the leader, Joan Ridley, on (01395) 514915.